I need help with Donation Plugin

• Hello Tom,

I downloaded the Plugin named Donation, however I am having trouble with setting it up properly and getting it to function.

I noticed there is a message on your website here which states a forward slash after PayPal.me/ is a requirement;

but I cannot find the location where this is inserted.

I also saw the message that this Plugin needs to be installed as a package. I am not sure what you mean "as a package".

Must I download something in addition to the Donation Plugin?

I have a PayPal Account, and established a PayPal.me account (which is this: PayPal.me/DJCantrall).

Please note: When I established my paypal.me account name with a Pal Pal Tech Help Agent today, the above is the way they told me to do it.

Hopefully you can answer my questions and help me make this Donation Plugin function properly.

Thank you!

Dave

• Tom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Teambeitrag

Hi,

you can make the settings here (Members):

Install as a package means that you install the plugin by uploading the download:

Replace:

https://paypal.me/name/

with:

https://paypal.me/DJCantrall/

and the plugin is ready.

Deine Anfrage wurde nicht beantwortet? Dann bitte einfach noch mal kurz im Thema nachfragen.

Mein Blog: TwentyMag <- Lesen, Teilen, Liken, Kommentieren, Abonnieren. Ihr wisst bescheid, was labere ich hier groß rum :eyes:

• Hello Tom,

Thank you for the explanation.

The Plugin is now functioning on my forum.

I tried it by clicking on the Donate Button and it goes through to my PayPal.me donation page.

But it does take the page a rather long time to load in my opinion (approximately 9 Seconds) - but maybe that is due to something with PayPal's website.

The only thing I do not understand is how the Donation Progress Bar works.

Does this have to be manually updated? Or does it update automatically?

Dave

• Hi Dave,

you have to set the progress manually. There is no way to count properly since this is only a simple plugin.

Hello Tom,

Okay, thanks for the reply.

It is such a nice Plugin - perhaps in the future you can "upgrade" it to make that count automatic?

For me, I would be willing to pay for this "upgraded" plugin.

• Teambeitrag

Hi,

there are already two payed plugins for that in the plugin-store so i think it does not make sense to add another one. Basically this plugin is just a fancy link zu Paypal without any complex functions.

• Hi,

there are already two payed plugins for that in the plugin-store so i think it does not make sense to add another one. Basically this plugin is just a fancy link zu Paypal without any complex functions.

Hello Tom,

I did not realize you already have "two" pay plugins regarding Donation. I will take a look in the plugin store.

Dave

• Teambeitrag

Hi Dave,

they are not from me, i do not have any paid packages in the Plugin Store. I think one is from Wbb-Elite, the other I don't know.

Regards Tom

• Hi Dave,

they are not from me, i do not have any paid packages in the Plugin Store. I think one is from Wbb-Elite, the other I don't know.

Regards Tom

Hello Tom,

After I looked in your Plugin Store on this website, I clicked on "Plugins" at Woltlab Forum.

There are a total of 3 entries when I searched for "Donation".

On a previous forum I had, I purchased one of these: "Donation Plugin" by Darkwood Design - which includes using PayPal. However I am not going to use it in my current forum as I am pleased with what I have from you. :)

• Teambeitrag

Hi Dave,

I don't know the one from Darkwood, but this one from wbb-elite does nothing but collect donations:

Spenden-System 3.0 - WoltLab®
    Ein Spenden System für das WSC3.0
    www.woltlab.com

I have never used any of this plugins, but the plugins from WBB-Elite are usually rock solid.

But if you are also satisfied with the box, everything is fine.

Regards Tom

Deine Anfrage wurde nicht beantwortet? Dann bitte einfach noch mal kurz im Thema nachfragen.

Mein Blog: TwentyMag <- Lesen, Teilen, Liken, Kommentieren, Abonnieren. Ihr wisst bescheid, was labere ich hier groß rum :eyes: